Bursary applications and financial aid assistance applications are now open. Applications for the 2020 academic year will close on 31 December 2019. Apply for your bursary for higher education studies today.
The Hexagon Trust will be awarding bursaries to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year tertiary students that are South African citizens.
A minimum of an overall “C” aggregate is required
Application forms must be completed in detail and should include certified copies of the following:
- Copy of your June Exam results.
- Your ID document.
- Once the final results are available, a certified copy must be submitted immediately to the office.
- A recently taken passport-size photograph.
- Curriculum Vitae, a brief narrative of your family background, scholastic career and future plans.
- Proof of income: The latest salary advise for your parents, or proof of unemployment.
- An official letter of acceptance from an institution.
- A recommendation letter from your school principal.
Students who are short-listed will be notified to appear before a selection committee, after which a final selection will be made.
- In lieu of bursaries awarded to students it is expected that they will contribute part of their time and expertise to community service during and after completion of their studies.
- All recipients of bursaries must become members of the Hexagon Students Alumni Association.
Applying for a bursary does not guarantee acceptance. Applicants are chosen based on their academic performance and results, financial need, commitment to their studies, and desire to developing their skills, as well as reach their full potential. The Hexagon Trust only awards bursaries to South African citizens.
All applications are processed online. If you wish to apply for 2020 funding, click on the Student Portal button. First time students will be required to complete the registration process and create an account. After you have done so, proceed to the Student Portal, and complete the online bursary application form. Once your bursary application has been submitted, you will receive updates via email, and via logging into your portal to view the status of your application. The application cycle opens Between July – December 2020.
Use either your user name or email that you have specified, and your password. Passwords are required to meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Must contain a lowercase letter.
- Must contain an uppercase letter.
- Must contain a digit
- Must contain a special character.
All documents need to be submitted online during the application process. Only the following formats are allowed: jpg,jpeg,png,doc,docx,pdf,rtf. The max file size allowed is 5MB. All documents that are uploaded must be certified.
Our online application will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Once you have all the necessary documents ready to upload as part of the online application process. You can also save your application and return when you have all your details ready.
Closing date of submission of completed forms will in December 2020
Your application status will be updated on your Student Portal. You will be also be contacted via phone or email. Please ensure that you enter the correct details while completing your application form.